Warts are a common and unsightly skin problem. While they are usually painless they can cause you a great deal of embarrassment. They look and feel like a solid blister and can be contagious. A wart is generally a small, rough tumor. Warts are common, and are caused by a viral infection, specifically by the human papillomavirus (HPV) and are contagious when in contact with the skin of another. It is also possible to get warts from sharing towels or from contact with other objects. They typically disappear after a few months but can last for years and can recur.
Here are a few traditional home remedies to help you battle against warts.
1) One of the simplest ways to remove the wart is to apply the juice of onion onto the wart on a very regular basis.
2) Grind some cumin seeds and make a poultice of them. Apply this poultice to the wart, and tie it in place with the help of a cloth. This is very good for the warts that are bleeding.
3) You could regularly apply tea tree oil. Many people swear that this is a very effective way of removing warts.
4) Take a pinch of baking soda and moisten it with a few of drops of castor oil. Dab this paste onto the wart and leave it overnight. If you do this continuously for a few days the warts should disappear in a week or so.
5) Take a single clove of garlic and cut it into two halves. Place the garlic slice on the mole, so that the cut portion is in contact with the mole. Leave it overnight, tied with a cloth bandage. The sulfur-rich juices of the garlic will work on the wart. Within two or three days the mole should disappear.
6) Roast some peel of the pomegranate fruit. Mix an equal amount by weight of limejuice in it. Make a paste of the mixture. You can apply this paste on your skin problems such as warts, moles, blackheads, pimples, etc. You will definitely find good benefits. This is another good Home Remedy for Warts.
7) Take a fresh grapefruit and squeeze it to get its juice. Apply this juice to the warts several times a day.
8) Apply the juice of a fresh pineapple onto the warts. The warts will disappear within a few days of continuous application. You can apply the juice in the night and leave it on the skin while you sleep and wash it off in the morning. Alternatively you can tie a pineapple slice on the skin instead of applying the pineapple juice.
9) Probably the most effective ‘home remedy’ is to holistically look after your health. Increase your water intake, eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, and get more exercise. This will give your body the best possible chance of fighting warts, or indeed anything else, for itself.
Hopefully some of these methods will greatly help you. Over the counter lotions and skin medications are often slow and ineffective. Medical interventions, such as freezing, acid, or lazer can be painful. However hypnosis is effective in curing warts by controlling the blood flow, thereby not allowing them the environment they need to thrive. Hypnosis has a much higher success rate of removal and a much lower chance of warts returning, and is very painless and safe.